CfP 2021 AIEST Jubilee Conference, Lucerne
Please note beforehand, that the organization of the conference is subject to SARS-CoV-2 related health and travel regulations.
A final decision about the format will be made in spring 2021.
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 2021 AIEST Jubilee conference in Lucerne, Switzerland, 29 August – 01 September 2021 (see attachment).
The conference host is Professor Jürg Stettler, University of Applied Sciences Lucerne.
For in-depth information go to https://www.aiest.org/conference/conference-2021-lucerne/.
We are looking forward to receiving contributions from academia and practice for three topical streams:
- Designing tourism systems for a sustainable future (contributions with this specific thematic scope);
- Shaping tourism futures - acknowledging learnings from the past (contributions with this specific thematic scope);
- AIEST’s Advances in Tourism Research - Perspectives of Actors, Institutions and Systems (contributions with any thematic scope)
Submission deadline is February 28, 2021.
Please use the submission master (attached) for your submissions.
As usual with AIEST conferences, the conference fee includes, from August 30 to September 02,
- all conference activities,
- social events incl. meals and drinks (wine and beer included), and
- the technical excursion.
Accommodation is not included.
Alternative price and service schemes are available.
Find all information in the attached CfP.
Please take note of a number of specifics regarding our conference:
- We try to allocate at least 30 minutes for each paper. This leaves plenty of time for feedback and discussion in a friendly and critical-constructive atmosphere.
- You can submit papers at different stages of your work, from early (seeking feedback on your plans) to late (seeking feedback on your results and the like) stages.
- You do not have to waive any (copy) rights whatsoever with regard to the work you submit. The only content which we publish is a short abstract of your paper.
Hence, this conference is the place to collect feedback on good work in progress as well as almost finished work.
- You can win 3 potential prices of different categories at this conference. As the attendance is normally around 40-60, there is a high chance of success.
But still: The competition is stiff, which is why you should bring in good work that really helps the purpose.
- Naturally, we also have interesting keynotes and targeted workshops for your needs, including an ECR workshop and others.