Special Issue: "Innovations as a Factor of Competitiveness in Tourism"
Guest Editor: Dr. Michał Roman, Warsaw University of Life Sciences
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2022.
Tourism is perceived as a spatial phenomenon that has a large impact on society and various sectors of the national economy. It is an important branch of the economy of many countries and also has a significant impact on interpersonal relations, including intergenerational ones. On a global scale, tourism is treated as a very important sector because it brings very significant benefits to the economy. The tourism market is constantly changing. One of the directions of these changes is the ever-growing importance of perceiving the tourism product as the prism of consumer experiences in the tourism market. Therefore, it becomes extremely important to analyze the development of the tourism sector in the local, regional, and international dimensions. In addition, it is important to indicate the factors of its development, namely competitiveness and introduced innovations, in the economic and social dimensions.
Tourism innovation is the basic factor of tourism competitiveness of the region and enterprises. Applying innovations can enhance the possibilities of adapting tourist activities and the products offered to the changing trends in tourism demand and market environment. It can directly enable success in a competitive environment. At the same time, it must be stressed that an important aspect of innovation is its social utility, which promotes the satisfaction of the needs and expectations of today’s tourists and thus achieves enhanced tourism business effectiveness. Introducing innovative solutions is possible by creating, from scratch, an original tourism product and a professional marketing environment.
This Special Issue aims to attract original contributions from scientists, practitioners, and other stakeholders to provide theoretical and empirical analysis focusing on the development of tourism, competitiveness factors, and innovation. The editor encourages submissions with applications of statistical analysis, case studies, and novel methodologies from parametric and nonparametric approaches related to the topic of the Special Issue. Both original research and review articles are welcome.
- Tourism as a subject of economic research
- Economic and social factors of tourism development
- Tourism development in selected countries
- Determinants of tourism development on local, regional, and national scales
- New trends in the development of tourism
- Innovations as a factor of competitiveness of tourism enterprises
- Types of innovation in tourism
- Tourism product competitiveness
- Competitiveness of regions and tourism enterprises
- The global problem of tourism development
Manuscript Submission Information
- Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
- Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Tourism and Hospitality is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
- Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.